The need for greater agility and access to latest innovations have driven cloud infrastructures to become increasingly attractive to organizations.
Organizations migrate to the cloud to support business growth, drive digital transformations, improve development cycles and to optimize costs. During this transition, several migration, post-migration, and modernization challenges emerge that increase time, risk and costs associated with successful completion of such projects:
- Need for re-architecting or re-factoring applications to suit public cloud infrastructure
- Service disruptions due to downtime associated with migrating and modernizing mission-critical applications
- Learning curves and investments associated with skillset, tools, process and governance changes needed to manage disparate cloud infrastructures
- Post-migration ensuring application performance, resiliency and scale requirements are met while optimizing resource management
- Lack of integration abilities to easily and seamlessly leverage CI/CD methodologies, application catalogs and native cloud services to enrich enterprise applications, due to a fragmented technology ecosystem
- Wastage of current IT investments while modernizing applications